Saturday, October 1, 2016

Cozy Mysteries

Don't you just love cozy mysteries that feature secret compartments and hidden rooms?  I do. Mystery writers have used the plot devise of hidden rooms for years and the writers of the Nancy Drew Mysteries certainly took advantage of the excitement of secret drawers from the very beginning, starting with the first book of the series, "The Secret of the Old Clock" written in 1930.


I have been of fan of the teenage sleuth since I was about 11-years-old and received my first Nancy Drew under the Christmas tree.  No wonder I went on to write traditional mysteries with my husband. I had forgotten about my love affair with Nancy until a dear friend passed away and I was in her library looking at her book collection. Lo and behold, her book shelf had six of the very first books of the series.  I reread them as an adult and fell in love all over again.

Since I read my "chum's" Nancy Drew books, I've gone on to write 6 mysteries starring Nancy Keene, a teenage sleuth loosely based on Nancy Drew.  The latest book in my series is "The Stolen Masterpiece."  


I hope you'll like this story about a teenage sleuth, very much like Nancy Drew, who visits her newly-found Dutch relatives and discovers that their house has a secret room that contains valuable artwork, including a Vermeer masterpiece worth millions. Someone has stolen it, and it’s up to Nancy and her chums to find out who.

This eBook is available at all your favorite
online bookstores for only $1.99

No comments:

Post a Comment